MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING
Payment Plans, Finance & Payment Terms
• If you require a payment plan we can provide this through various methods, Solarmatic takes no responsibility for the agreement between yourself and these providers.
• If self-funding the purchase of your new solar system, Solarmatic require the deposit paid within 7 days prior to installation and the balance to be paid in full on the day of completion of our works, meaning the day the initial commissioning/testing of your solar inverter, upon receipt of payment your Final paperwork will be lodged with your metering provider and a copy sent via email or text to you if requested, this is known as an EWR, your meter changes will not take place until this is lodged so prompt payment is advised in order for no delays to occur, by accepting these terms you understand that payment is required prior to your metering work being completed by your metering provider.
• If you have taken on a payment plan option, Solarmatic require a job completion or job satisfaction form to be signed on the day of completion of our works, meaning the day the initial commissioning/ testing of your solar inverter installation, once this has been signed your Final paperwork will be lodged with your energy provider this is known as an EWR, your meter changes will not take place until this is lodged so prompt signing of job Completion forms are advised in order for no delays to occur, by accepting these terms you understand that payment is required prior to your metering work being completed by your metering provider.
• Should your installation have minor issues, such as monitoring, wifi connection issues, broken/cracked tiles, you are entitled to withhold a maximum of 10 percent of the final payment until the issue is repaired or Fixed. Failure to make payment within 7 days of the solar system being installed can incur further charges and will be sent to a debt collection agency after 14 days at the expense of the customer.
STC’s or Government Incentives
The STC’s or otherwise known as Small Scale Technology Certificates mentioned in your agreement is a federal government-funded renewable energy incentive. This incentive provides an out of pocket discount to the consumer, meaning the STC’s have been discounted off the price of your solar system, you will not be entitled to any other government based Financial incentives. Solarmatic will complete all of the paperwork to claim the STC rebate, however, you will be required to sign the STC assignment form on the day of completion of works, meaning the same day of the initial commissioning/testing of your solar inverter, if this document is not signed within 7 days of completion of works, you will be invoiced for the STC incentive amount shown on your agreement and have 7 days to either make a payment or sign the required paperwork for release.
Providing Spare Roof tiles
All tradespeople and laborers working on behalf of or for Solarmatic have extensive training and take the most care with your property and work with the goal to have no tiles break, however on occasion the breaking of roof tiles is unavoidable. Where no spare tiles are available we will temporarily repair any damaged tiles and relocate damaged tiles to a section of the roof where the tiles are easily accessed, Solarmatic will not be liable for additional site visits to replace tiles where spare tiles were not provided at the time
works/installation were undertaken.
Monitoring & WiFi Setup
Many solar systems installed by Solarmatic have a monitoring component, if you would like our installation team to complete the initial installation/setup of your inverter to your home WiFi, your WLAN signal will need to be strong enough at the inverter location, in some cases a WiFi extender may be needed, if this is the case you will be required to supply the WiFi extender or Solarmatic can supply at a cost of $99 configured and installed. If you have a complicated home network, including a home server, expert IT assistance may be required at your own expense. Return visits to connect or reconnect your inverter/monitoring device to your WiFi after the day of completion of works will incur a callout fee of $99.
Maintaining your solar system
Solarmatic recommends cleaning your solar panels every 18-24 months and offer such a service. During this check we will make sure that the system is not only operational but safe and performing at the standard required, we can also determine early points of failure and perform preventative maintenance if required. Having your solar system professionally cleaned is not mandatory, however, if you were to have panel failure, most manufacturers want to see that the system has been checked and cleaned regularly, the better you look after something the longer it will last especially in the tough climate that is Australia. Solarmatic cleaning and maintenance service is charged out at $8 per panel and a call out fee which is area dependent, these prices are subject to change.
At Solarmatic we aim to get everything right the first time, however sometimes we do make mistakes and will need to make changes to a roof design or electrical plan either before or on the day of installation, if this happens and we need to increase the price of your system, we will not do this unless agreed by you. If you do not accept the new price, we will happily cancel this agreement and refund if required at no penalty to you.
Solarmatic provides a 5-year total system warranty, meaning Solarmatic guarantees the operation and performance of your system for this time; your warranty rights follow the same stringent guidelines, which are applied under Australian Consumer Law. Your warranty will be broken down into different sections below to cover the different parts and services performed when installing a solar system on your home or commercial premise/
Workmanship Warranty: Solarmatic provides a 10-year workmanship warranty on all solar installations, this covers the actual installation, not the components used in the installation of your solar system; these will be covered below.
Inverter Warranty: Inverter warranty periods vary from inverter to inverter, however, Solarmatic has worked hard to partner with reputable and sustainable manufacturers who stand behind the products they manufacture, inverter warranties vary depending on the brand, this will be listed on page one of this agreement in the inverter section, if your inverter fails within the First 5 years Solarmatic will provide the labor side of the replacement free of charge, the inverter replacement itself will fall under manufacturer guidelines and replacement is at the discretion of the manufacturer, Solarmatic will not be held liable for any loss of production or savings due to inverter failure or underperformance.
Solar Panel Warranties
• Performance Warranty – Most solar panel companies will provide a linear warranty which is simply a performance warranty, this is to guarantee the loss due to degradation of the solar panels over time, solar panel loss should be less than 2.5 percent in year one, and also should be less than 20 percent at the end of the 25th year, unless stipulated on the manufacturer’s specification sheet for the panel installed on your home, all panels are warranted to be working at 80 percent efficiency at the end of year 25.
• Structural / Workmanship Warranty – Solar panels also have a warranty which covers the structural component of the solar panel, this covers defects due to faulty workmanship or faulty materials, most solar panel manufacturers offer 10 years structural or workmanship warranty, this will be noted on page one of this agreement under the panel section.
Rail Warranty: Rail is the aluminum framework Solarmatic use to fix the solar panels to your roof, due to different roof types, tile, steel, colourbond, tin & kliplok, we use many different brands, however all brands used by Solarmatic come with a minimum 10-year manufacturer’s warranty, upon asking you will be provided with an engineering certificate for the brand used on your home.
Battery Warranty: Solarmatic only partners with the top manufacturers in the industry, this includes Tesla, LG, Sonnen, and Samsung, these battery/storage solutions are covered by extensive manufacturer’s warranties and are mostly guaranteed to perform for 10 years, for exact specification please check the manufacturer’s website.
Balance of System Warranty: All components apart from the inverter, solar panel, battery/storage systems, and rail come with a minimum 5-year warranty.
Solarmatic does not repair or replace products under warranty if the following has been deemed to have occurred,
1 – Exposure to unsuitable environmental conditions, including lightning, over-voltage issues, and or storm damage.
2 – Damage caused by building movement, tree branches, or any other form of physical damage.
3 – Unauthorised or unusual/abnormal usage of any component used to install the solar system.
4 – Material or workmanship not provided by Solarmatic
Warranty Claims & Dispute Resolution
If you have a concern about any aspect of your experience with Solarmatic, please call 1300 980 640 during the hours of 9 am and 5 pm NSW time or email, firstname.lastname@example.org, we will respond within 2 business days, our first step is to fault find over the phone, if this can’t be resolved we will have an electrician attend the property within 7 days, if you are not happy with your response, please email email@example.com, this will go straight to all managers of the company.
You have been made aware that a 10 business day statutory cooling-off period applies to this contract and during this period you can change your mind and terminate this contract for any reason without penalty.